There are plenty of reasons to choose an independent pharmacy like Pax Pharmacy over a big-box, chain pharmacy. If you are not sure where to go or whether to go to an independent pharmacy over a chain pharmacy, read the benefits of local pharmacies below.
1. Convenience. Many local pharmacies offer local delivery to patients who cannot physically get to the pharmacy in person. They will typically have shorter wait times, shorter lines, and more staff availability to answer questions and confer with patients.
2. Personalized service. With shorter lines and more staff availability, your local pharmacist can give you their undivided attention. The environment will be more comfortable, giving you the peace of mind that pharmacists are not in a rush and can answer all your questions. The staff at your local pharmacy are more likely to be friendly and welcoming, creating a more personal connection to each patient that can be fostered at chain pharmacies.
3. Cost savings. Independent pharmacies may be able to offer lower prices on generic drugs, over-the-counter medicines, and other items they carry that chain stores cannot. With less overhead and without corporately regulated prices, local pharmacists do not have the same markup as many big-box pharmacies.
4. Added services. Local pharmacies typically offer added services, including medication management, health screenings, long-term care, and pill packaging services.
5. Community Support. Although this is not necessarily a service offered, going to a local pharmacy has the added benefit of creating community support. From tax dollars staying in your neighborhood to civil contributions, local pharmacies pack the biggest bang when you want to support small, local businesses.