The Duarte pharmacists at Pax Pharmacy describe five things they can do for you that you may not realize. Call us today for your pharmacy needs!
Pharmacists play a key role in your healthcare and medication management. They can help answer your pharmacy questions and offer a wealth of insight, information, and advice for Rx and over-the counter- medication. The Pharmacists at Pax Pharmacy in Duarte can provide so much more than most people realize, so we are happy to explain a few of the ways you can take better advantage of our amazing team.
Call Pax Pharmacy in Duarte today for help with your prescriptions and so much more!
What Can Your Pharmacist Do For You?
- Help you save money. Your pharmacist can almost always help you save money on your prescriptions. You may have the option to choose a generic medication or one that is biosimilar to replace a brand-name medication or biologic. Your pharmacist may also be able to utilize coupons, find copay adjustments, or help with discounts such as using AAA or GoodRx. The pharmacist may also be able to offer options for long-term medication delivery.
- Provide over-the-counter information. For common illnesses and complaints, your pharmacist can recommend over-the-counter medications and discuss their interactions with your existing medicines. Pharmacists can provide counsel on your options based on your needs and complaints.
- Help ease side effects. Your pharmacist can help you avoid the potential side effects of your prescriptions by recommending taking them with or without food or water, whether to take them in the morning or at bedtime and any other helpful advice on side-effect mitigation.
- Provide medical equipment advice. Pharmacists are well-versed in the different medical devices used for chronic illness, chronic pain management, and mobility-based disabilities. They can advise which blood pressure cuffs are best for your needs, recommend back pain management equipment, or help you choose the perfect medication organizer or mobility-assisting device.
- Provide emergency prescriptions. If you run out of your medication unexpectedly, lose your medicine, or forget it at home when on vacation, your pharmacist may sometimes be able to provide an emergency supply. This is typically a 72-hour supply, giving you time to contact your doctor to fill it as needed. (These types of prescriptions depend on what the medication is, as some controlled substances may need additional provider contact.)
Our Duarte Pharmacists Are Here To Help
From prescriptions to medical equipment to saving money, your Duarte pharmacists at Pax Pharmacy can help you manage your health. We are here to answer your questions about prescription and over-the-counter medications, as well as offer support in any other way that we can.
Don’t hesitate to ask us for help when you visit our pharmacy, it's our job to help! Call Pax Pharmacy in Duarte today and speak with one of our skilled pharmacists.